Monday, March 10, 2008

There and Back (Day 3)

Here is the final entry to the California Adventure.

Sunday!

Okay, so Sunday we ended up going to the beach for the later half of the day before our flight left at 8:00 PM. We drove to Newport Beach and it was a beautiful day. Probably the best day since we arrived, of course right? But here are some pictorials of the beach.

So it turns out that this was suppose to be like the Little Mermaid...haha I look like a freak.


The first moments at the ocean, the water really isn't that warm and shortly after this pictorial we find that out.
I really wanted a picture with a palm and was hoping for a larger one but we were at the gas station filling the rental about to get on an airplane, so I needed on right away. Taken on the corner with a red light, a tad embarrassing.
Okay, so probably the best story of the day happened on the airplane. I changed my location on the airplane to sit next to Aly so she wouldn’t feel left out or alone (yes, we love her too). She sat at the window and I sat in the middle, leaving the next seat over open. I told her before anyone even sat there that I hoped that a boy wouldn’t sit there because I didn’t want to talk to them or wouldn’t know what to say, most likely making a complete fool of myself. Anyway, probably five minutes before take off, the very last passenger to load walked up the isle to the seat right beside me. His pants were hanging down to his knees and he smelt strangely of alcoholic beverage, so basically, I was a little embarrassed for him. Being that is the way that I am, I looked out the window and made some stupid comment to Aly about a sign outside the airplane. Finally he went back to the bathroom and I turned to Aly with a glace of horror, I had to sit next to this drunk the whole way home…but it gets better. He sat down. Ipod out, I was ready just to zone out and listen to the music, maybe fall asleep. But somehow this individual next to me decided to talk to me…and didn’t stop until seriously we landed in SLC and the entire airplane in front of us was unloaded. But the whole flight, I got to listen to the sob story of his life, honestly, I don’t care. He thought God was punishing him for choices he made in his life. Near the end, I was trying to change the subject, he started to get a little more aggressive (possibly the 3 more Jack Daniels he had) about his topic. The guy that was sitting in the row in front kept looking back at me, this kid next to me was getting more and more animated. Side note: Sarah and Holly were like seven rows in front of us, so they have no idea what is going on, but Holly looks back and makes a heart symbol with her fingers and mouths, “True love?” and Aly mouths back a fervent, “NO!” ha.ha. Anyway, I basically ran up the terminal just to get away from him. Telling Sarah and Holly what happened as we go to the area where our bags were coming to. Fancy that I should see the kid that sat the row in front of us, he asked me what the heck that guy was talking about and gave him the shortened version and he explained that I had a look of concerned, terror on my face. It was true. Why is it that people feel the need to tell me their life story and everything they have done wrong? I should get paid for that. Ha.ha. So the worst plane passenger sat next to me and I will never forget it.
This trip was by far the best trip I have had in my life. There are so many more stories, but that takes up too much space.

0 comments: