Sunday, March 9, 2008

There and Back (Day 2)

Moving on....DISNEYLAND! I am just going to add pictures...it's more exciting and tell you about them.
Next Day-Saturday....magic day
We woke and walked to the park, but first we had to obtain some breakfast. Well, sitting outside was the only option, so we did it. Well, Holly decided to sit in some bird poop and spread it around, so instead of going back to the hotel for a change of pants, Sarah lovingly spoke up to wipe the poop off her bum. All I have to say is thank you bird for a moment of entertainment had, I am sure, by more than just our party. Her pants did make it though.


Upon entering the park, it was like magic and 15 years of my life was subtracted from my life and I was a kid again. I was transformed.


First, there was an ingenious idea to obtain as many “fast passes” as possible to avoid waiting in the long lines. But unfortunately you can only have one per hour and you have to ride that ride at specific times. It turns out being a better deal, for example we would have had to wait in line for seventy minutes but we waited in line for maybe five.

So, we rode the Matterhorn first, and I thought it was a ride having something to do with Alice in Wonderland, but I was wrong. In fact it is a bobsled roller coaster. A lot of fun! Then we moved on to the roller coaster also known as Thunder Mountain, probably one of the more fun rides of the day.
But my all time favorite ride at Disneyland is Space Mountain. A roller coaster in which the whole time you are in the dark and flying around corners. It brought tears to my eyes and sheer terror to my face. The second time we rode it, somehow we got behind some very pungent Europeans and had to suffer through the smell on the first slow hill. But, it was still a lot of fun because the dad was the only European in our roller coaster cart and we screamed a lot…haha.
I would have to say that I am a roller coaster wimp, in that I am not afraid to sound and look like a freak because I am too worried about not falling out of the cart. I will pretty much go on any roller coaster though (except the white roller coaster at Lagoon, bad, bad memory). Strangely enough, the only thing I could think before each 'coaster started was, "I wonder how people have thrown up in this seat, or I wonder how many people have touched this bar."

According to the others in my party, taking me to Disneyland was like taking a small child, but seriously, it just is the greatest place on earth. The magic is real. So this next picture isn't the prettiest, but after a day at Disneyland, we felt life death. It was extremely fun and filled with silly walks down the street, weird calls to each other on the dark rides (like a strange rooster), and being dead tired and eating at a Mexican restaurant.

A list of firsts for my life for the day…churro, Disneyland experience, spending $15 on A piece of pizza and A breadstick, and seeing Mickey Mouse.

But I can't end with a picture like that, so here is a picture to look forward to my next post. The last and final day of the trip. Dare I say maybe the interesting....

TO BE CONTINUED...

0 comments: